KEVIN MCDONALD was born May 16th 1961 in Montreal, Quebec Canada, but moved to Los Angeles with his father, mother and older sister at 7 years-old.
McDonald took drama in high school and studied comedy via the television set. He moved to Toronto, Ontario Canada and was a theater major at Humber College. This was not to last for long, Kevin was kicked out because the only thing he knew how to do was comedy. One of the professors liked Kevin and enrolled him in the famous Second City improv. workshop. There is where he met Mister David Foley. The two quickly became good friends and colleagues and even worked as ushers for a local art house theater together.
Both Dave and Kevin teamed up with a Second City alumni by the name of Luciano Casimiri to from the first version of "Kids In The Hall (KITH)". This version played at small local clubs.
In 1993, when KITH(David Foley, Kevin McDonald, Scott Thompson, Mark McKinney, and Bruce McCulloch) were in their 4th season, Kevin got married to Tiffany Lacey. He says they divorced two years later because he took her for granted.
- His middle name is Hamilton.
- His family shows up in KITH quite a bit.
- Once lived across from where "Let's Make A Deal" was filmed.
- Fave character he portrayed is "Dean" because he was largely based on him and his behaviour on the set of KITH - "The prince of empty promises".
- Re: the "Pit of Ultimate Darkness"
>>>>>Kevin was supposed to play Hecubus and Mark was supposed to play Sir Simon Milligan. After, what he calls "an act of strength", took the part of Simon himself and gave the role of Simon's Brimstone Baby to Dave.
- As a collaborator in KITH Kevin rarely said "no" to any of the ideas presented to him by the other Kids and KITH writers.
- Among his comedic influences he has named, Gene Wilder and Phil Silvers as two of them.
© 2000 Kevin Admirers